COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
You directly provide our community with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- register online;
- use or view our website via your browsers cookies
- When you sign up to our event
- your first and last names;
- your email address;
- metadata relating to any messages you send on KPesa; and
- the content of any messages you send using your KPesa.
This information may be collected by us or on our behalf by our third-party partners (such as other software services) from time to time.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
We will only use your personal information when permitted to do so in accordance with data protection laws.
WITH WHOM IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED?
We will never sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others, however we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve adverts about our services to you and others. It will only be passed to third party advertisers in order to provide services on our own behalf; and
- third party data, service and software providers that assist us in the function, improvement and optimisation of our applications.
We may also disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the members of KPesa in order to describe our members, traffic patterns and other information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
HOW LONG WILL WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will retain your personal information for so long as you are registered or subscribe with KPesa and for up to 6 years thereafter. Where such personal information is no longer necessary we may delete it sooner.
HOW WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the following rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request KPesa for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that KPesa correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request KPesa to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that KPesa erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that KPesa restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to KPesa’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that KPesa transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Please be aware that the rights above are not absolute and there may be circumstances where we are unable to (or are not obliged to) comply with your request (either wholly or in part). In such cases we will explain why we cannot comply with the request.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- keeping you signed in
- understanding how you use our website
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
The types of cookies used on KPesa are set out below.
Promotional cookies: Our applications collect information about your browsing in order to deliver promotions relevant to you and your interests as well as your IP address in order to determine your geographic location and for fraud filtering. They are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as media publishers.
Analytics Cookies: Our applications use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (‘Google’). The cookies used by Google Analytics are third party cookies referred to above, and help our applications analyze how you use them. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our applications (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to provide us with reports on application activity and other services relating to application activity.
The cookies we use, including analytics cookies, are used solely in relation to the provision of KPesa, advertising and so as to better understand how you interact with KPesa. They allow us to:
- monitor the number of people using our websites and applications and monitor their activities; see how people arrive at our website and applications;
- gather technical information about people using our websites and applications, such as their geographic location and the type of web browsers they are using;
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.